! THERE’S NOTHING LIKE AUSTRALIA !
Welcome to Down Under. Australia is definitely not the cheapest country to travel in, but there are infinite top things to do in Australia and what you get in return will be memories for a lifetime. Unique landscapes, untouched nature, a fascinating wildlife, miles of stunning beaches, empty desert, mountains, waterfalls and incredibly friendly and helpful locals are just some of the uncountable reasons to visit Australia.
Top things to do in Australia
To read more information and see pictures about the different areas in Australia, visit my detailed guides about the specific regions.
Below you will find a quick overview of all the top things to do in Australia.
10 Stunning things to do in Western Australia
- Perth (5 days)
- Perth – Heirisson Island (day trip)
- Rottnest Island (day trip)
- Fremantle (2 days)
- Mandurah & Rockingham (2 days)
- Pinnacles (1 day)
- Kalbarri National Park (1 day)
- Monkey Mia (1 day)
- Coral Bay (1 day)
- Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef & Turquoise Bay (2 days)
19 Amazing things to do in Eastern Australia
- Cairns (6 days)
- Mission Beach (2 days)
- Townsville & Magnetic Island (2 days)
- Airlie Beach (Gateway to heaven) (2 days)
- Whitsunday Island & Whitehaven Beach (3 days)
- Seventeen Seventy (1770) & Agnes Water (3 days)
- Rainbow Beach (1 day)
- Fraser Island (3 days)
- Noosa (Sunshine Coast) (2 days)
- Brisbane (3 days)
- Surfers Paradise (Gold Coast) (5 days)
- Byron Bay (3 days)
- Coffs Harbour (2 days)
- Sydney (4 days)
- Bondi Beach (2 days)
- Manly (1 days)
- Katoomba & Blue Mountains (3 days)
- Hyams Beach at Jervis Bay (1 day)
- Narooma (1 day)
7 Ultimate things to do in Southeast Australia
- Lakes Entrance & Ninety Mile Beach (1 day)
- Wilsons Promontory National Park (2 days)
- Melbourne (4 days)
- Phillip Island (1 day)
- Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay (1 day)
- Great Ocean Road – 12 Apostles (3 days)
- Port Campbell
Transportation in Australia
East Coast: The Greyhound Bus is the perfect and cheapest option to travel from Cairns to Sydney. The Greyhound bus will stop at all major cities and tourist places.
Sydney to Melbourne (and to the Great Ocean Road): I highly recommend renting a Camper and drive along the non-touristy coast from Sydney to Melbourne and further until you reach the 12 Apostles.
West Coast, Perth to Exmouth: Either do a guided Tour or rent a Camper. Greyhound doesn’t operate in Western Australia anymore.
Best time to visit Australia
Northeast: April until October
Southeast & South: September until May
West Coast: September until April